Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Secret Pal 10 :: The Questionnaire

I am so excited to be a part of Secret Pal 10! This is my first swap and I am very excited.
Okay...here it is! What a long questionnaire!!

1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
I think that my current favorite to knit with is Berroco's Ultra Alpaca- great colors and looks and felts fabulously. I also love wool. I don't hate acrylic (gasp!!!), but typically only use it for baby blankets and such (i.e. things that need to be super washable and dryable).

2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
WIPs (I have way too many going at any given time!)
The few that aren't wrapped with a project are kept in a plastic storage cart thingy in my craft corner of the office. I have spent too much money on a duplicate set of needles because I can't find the set that I know that I have.

3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?
I have been knitting for about 2 years. I think I am somewhere between intermediate and advanced.

4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
Nope.

5. What's your favorite scent?
My favorite scent is yarn, but after that its coconut, honey, and vanilla.

6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?
I do have a sweet tooth and like pretty much any candy. My favorite candy is
Chunky.

7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?
I crochet and have done a little hairpin lace. I am just starting to have fun with stamping (little things only). I do not spin.

8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
I like all kinds of music and can play MP3s. I have a rather eclectic taste in music: Aerosmith, The Rolling Stones, Frank Sinatra, Barry Manilow, Garth Brooks, Indigo Girls, various showtunes. People at work think I'm crazy because one minute they come in my office and I have on Led Zeppelin, then the next time the come I have the Sleepless in Seattle soundtrack on!

9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand?
I love pretty much any color in any shade except pastels or neon/brites. I do lean toward earth tones. I have been on a pink & brown/turquoise & brown combo kick lately.

10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
I live with my 10 year old son, Kyle, and my boyfriend of 3+ years. We have a Miniature Schnauzer named Dizzle, also known as The Rat.

11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?
I wear a lot of scarves and mittens, and only very loose hats on occasion. I don't think I have worn a poncho since 1979 when I was 3.

12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
I love to knit scarves, as cliche as it sounds. I really prefer small items that have an intricate pattern. I get bored rather quickly and will not finish a project if it takes me too long. I like being able to splurge on an expensive yarn, and a scarf is a great way to do it since you only need a skein or two.

13. What are you knitting right now?
"Hello, my name is Dana and I am an overzealous knitter."
My current WIPs are:
1. Landscape Shawl
2. Trekking XXL socks (I have about 3 inches done on the 1st sock)
3. Toddler socks (1 complete, but #2 has grown quite attached to my size 2 DPNs just before the toe.)
4. Cross-hatch scarf (from Creative Knitting- I think)
5. Ruffle scarf in Berroco Softy.
6. Flying Geese Blanket from Mason-Dixon Knitting

7. Weekend Pullover (Currently a vest-no sleeves yet!)
I am signed up for 2 classes in March: Top-Down Tie-Cardigan from Knitting Pure & Simple & the Elizabeth Zimmerman's Baby Surprise Jacket.

14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?
I love handmade gifts. Having made a few myself, I really appreciate the time that someone puts into making a gift.

15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
I prefer to use bamboo needles, either straight or circular depending on the project. The only metal needles that I have used and liked are Addi Turbos and my KnitPicks Options set.

16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
I own both thanks to my mom! (Happy birthday to me last year!)

17. How old is your oldest UFO?
I think the toddler socks would have to take the prize... they are at least 18 months old.

18. What is your favorite holiday?
Not sure... maybe Easter because it is all about candy! Its also the holiday that I get to see most of my family at my parents' house.

19. Is there anything that you collect?
I collect some Wonder Woman paraphernalia. She's just the coolest. I also collect yarn, but who doesn't??

20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
I have a subscription to Interweave Knits and Vogue Knitting. There are too many books and yarns that I have been lusting over to name in one post!

21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?
I have done 1 entrelac project, a small felted bag, but would like to try more. I think that I also want to try a lace pattern.

22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?
As I have proclaimed before, I am trying to get into socks. I wear a size 10 Medium shoe. I'm not sure what foot measurements to list!

23. When is your birthday?
September 9th

No comments: