Sunday, February 18, 2007

Better late than never...

I finally finished an overdue baby shower gift (from October)- so what if the baby is now almost 2 months old?!? This is the Seija Set from Stitch 'N Bitch Crochet: The Happy Hooker. This a great pattern to make that crochets up fast (ignore the fact that this was 4 months overdue) and has endless color combos. It's also the perfect size to fit over the stroller and/or baby carrier. I have made this a bunch of times before and usually check out the stroller/car seat that Mom has registered for and make it in matching colors. Instead of a set stripe pattern, I used this random stripe generator to vary the colors. I'm pretty happy with the way it came out- mom liked it to. The downside: a million ends to weave in!!! I did weave some of them as I went (aka crocheted over the ends in the next row, then back-weaved them and trimmed.), so it wasn't as painful as the first few times that I made it. I also made the matching hat, but the shaping is kind of weird and looked like a viking helmet with the braids hanging down, but I stretched the bottom when I blocked it to give a little more normal shape. It fit perfectly!

The Knitty-Gritty (or should it be the crochety-gritty?):
Pattern: Sejia Set from SNB The Happy Hooker
Yarn: Caron One Pound
Hook: E/3.5mm (blanket) & C/2.75mm (hat)
Finished size: 24" x 28" (blanket) & approx 15" diameter (hat)
Modifications Improvements: Besides the striping pattern, I added about 8 rows to make it a little longer. I also eliminated the slit for the car seat buckle. I have made this pattern with it before, and none of the moms have been able to use the slit, so I just left it out!

No comments: